Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Welcome to All about Firefighters

The cab driver said in an unidentifiable accent, “You work for fire department?”
“No, I just do some volunteer work.”
He said, “You know, those firemen, they are angels! Angels!”
“Yes, they absolutely are.”
“I tell you story about these men. I was in apartment with my child, and there is fire in building. The apartment, it fills with smoke. The firemen come and I am at window with my child, I think we must jump. They say, “Stay there, we are coming to get you!” And the firemen come into apartment, they come through smoke, and they take us out.”
“That’s a wonderful story,” I said.
“No, no, that is not end of story. The next day they come back! They had break all windows to let out smoke. Next day they come back to fix windows! They know landlord will not do it, so they come back, they fix windows. Those men, they are angels, angels! You must tell them for me.”
“Yes,” I said, “I will tell them.”

                                                                             (from Rescue at Engine 32)




I will be sharing more excerpts from Rescue at Engine 32 in future blogs, as well as reporting on the current activities of the Firefighters Fund.  Thank you for your interest - and your comments are always welcome!

p.s. Rescue at Engine 32 is available at my website: www.firefightersfund.org, or at Fire Service Publications: 
www.fire-police-ems.com (who donate all profits to the FF Fund).  

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea! You are such a wonderful writer, this extension of what you have started with your book is a natural. I'll let my contacts know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Miro-gal,

    Thank you for your kind words and support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Jessica--Miro-gal is me, Sharon! I had logged on to a blog last summer (bumbling thru the process of registration) and seem to be "stuck" with this name--for my cat.
    I am going to enjoy reading this!

    ReplyDelete